|Region/Location:||Chamba, Himachal Pradesh|
|Chamba Tourist Attractions:||Lakshmi Narayan Temple, Chamunda Temple, Bhuri Singh Museum & Chowgan|
|Best Time To Visit:||October to June|
Chamba Tourist Information
White Heaven Holidays offer Chamba tourist information like Chamba is a town and districts headquarter in the Chamba district in the north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on the banks of Ravi River, located at an average elevation of 1,006 metres (3,301 ft) above from the sea level.
Its bordered by Jammu and Kashmir to the north-west and west, the Ladakh area of Jammu and Kashmir and Lahaul and Bara Banghal to the north-east and east, Kangra to the south-east and Pathankot district of Punjab to the south.
Chamba town has numerous temples and palaces and its host two famous fairs as “Suhi Mata Mela” and “Minjar Mela” where local people enjoy music and dance for several days.
The town is also well known for its arts and crafts, particularly its Pahari paintings, which originated in the Hill Kingdoms of North India between the 17th and 19th century and its handicrafts and textiles.
The temperatures in summer vary between 38 °C and in winter: 15 °C. The maximum temperature recorded in summer is 39 °C and the minimum temperature in winter is −1 °C. Climatically March to June is said to be the best period to visit Chamba, which is a well known hill station.
The major tourist attractions in the Chamba town are
The Lakshmi Narayan temples complex, devoted to the Vaishnavite sect, includes the main Lakshmi Narayan temple, built in the 10th century by Raja Sahil Verman. Located in main Chamba town.
Chamunda Devi Temple is located in a prominent position on the spur of Shah Madar range of hills, opposite to the Chamba town.
The Bhuri Singh Museum at Chamba was established on 14 September 1908 in honour of the raja at the time, Raja Bhuri Singh, who ruled Chamba from 1904 to 1919.
The Chaugan is the nucleus of all activity in Chamba, surrounded by impressive administrative buildings and a shopping arcade built during the British period, with the old Akhand Chandi palace standing nearby.